RM100 for 10 winnersWe are ready to give away RM1,000 to you, our dearest readers! Are you ready to get the cash reward? Click here to take survey now and let us know! Join our writing contest!
Posted by Chong
Public Service Department (PSD) scholarships (also known as Biasiswa Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam, JPA) are the most prestigious scholarships offered to Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) candidates in Malaysia. Although it has been years that this scholarship programme is a joint effort by Majlis Amanah Rakyat (MARA) and Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam, the scholarship offered is still commonly known as the JPA scholarships (Biasiswa JPA) and not MARA scholarships.
Applications for Program Ijazah Luar Negara 2007 can only be done online through www.jpa.gov.my or esila.jpa.gov.my starting on March 12, 2007 (the day SPM 2006 results released). The closing date for applications is 22 March. Scholarship interview short list will be available on 30 March. The interview will be carried out on chosen stations in Malaysia from 3 to 6 April. Scholarship results for Engineering Degree Programme in Japan will be released on mid-April while others programme on mid-May, 2007.
Application criteria for Tajaan JPA/MARA untuk Lepasan SPM di bawah Program Ijazah Luar Negara 2007:
- Malaysian citizen (For MARA scholarships, you have to be Malays/Natives)
- 17 years old (18 years old for pre-Secondary formers, 16 years old for Penilaian Tahap Satu, PTS students) on December 31, 2006
- Be healthy (in other words, have no serious health problems)
- Get 1A or 2A in the following three subjects:
- Malay Language (Bahasa Melayu)
- History (Sejarah)
- Moral Education (Pendidikan Moral) or Islamic Education (Pendidikan Al-Quran dan As-Sunnah or Pendidikan Syariah Islamiah)
You are allowed to update your application details thrice only and the latest version of your details will be used. So, you should fill in your online application form carefully. You should also remember to print your application slip which is available only after you have filled up the online application form.
Four documents that I strongly advise all scholarship applicants to read are:
- Iklan Permohonan Tajaan PILN 2007
- Panduan Permohonan Tajaan PILN 2007
- Syarat-syarat Permohonan PILN 2007
- Struktur Pengajian Program-program PILN 2007
If you need technical assistance in your online application process, you can call 03-88853559, 03-88853550 or 03-88853533. This phone assistance is available daily from 8.00 am to 10.00 pm starting on 12 March. Further enquiry about JPA Sponsorship Programme can be made by calling 03-88853397 from 8.00 am to 5.00 pm or sending an email to email@example.com Meanwhile, for MARA Sponsorship Programme, you can call 03-26915111 (extension 1103, 1107, 1120, 1134, 1155, 3619, 3620 and 3631) from 8.00 am to 5.00 pm or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are shortlisted for JPA scholarship interview, you should bring the actual and verified versions of the following documents along to your interview station:
- Identity card
- SPM 2006 result slip
- Candidate's birth certificate
- Parents' birth certificates
- School leave certificates
- Co-curriculum activity certificates
- Parents' salary slips
Liked this post? Subscribe now to read more post like this one! Tweet