Guest post by Amelie Millie (Share you tips with 49,000+ Malaysian students)
Most of the students who are going to take their IELTS test wish to score at least band 7 which is quite difficult but obviously it is something that is not impossible. If you are fluent in English Language Level and preparing for IELTS in the right way, there is nothing that can stop you from getting your desired band. In case you have been trying to get IELTS band 7 for a long time but end up getting a 6 or 6.5 band in the end, then you will surely find this post high valued because this article will let you know what you actually need to do to achieve your target.
Does Repeating IELTS Test Work?There are many students who have taken IELTS tests several times but couldn’t find any improvements because repetition is not the solution unless weaknesses are overcome. If you have also taken exams numerous times but every time you get the same results, you must bring great changes in your style of preparation.
What You Actually Need to Do?Once you have acquired band 6, you will obviously try to move higher to 7 and 8 but it won’t be that easy because now it is all about acquiring more advanced skills and it will not be easier for you to reach that higher level. Therefore, you must know what exactly you need to do in progressing to higher bands of IELTS. Let’s have a look at some of the most important parts of the exams:
IELTS Listening Session:1. Details: For listening session, you must prepare yourself to be able to listen and catch even the minor details.
2. Notes: Listen and immediately make notes as this will enable you to keep the record of everything you have listened to.
3. Grammar: You might have to make grammatical changes in answers which requires you to be well aware of the rules.
4. Questions: While listening, pay full attention so you don’t have to miss actual questions.
5. Instructions: Go through all the instructions carefully even if you already went through them in previous tests/sessions.
6. Time Limit: If you don’t have the answer of a question, don’t waste your time in attempting it, instead you better move to the next question.
7. Word Limit: Make sure to follow word limit and if you are required to answer in 2-3 words or sentences, don’t make it unnecessarily long.
8. If you have enough time, attempt every question because you are not going to suffer penalty for wrong answers.
IELTS Reading Session:9. Vocabulary: You must build up your vocabulary because this will help you check out complex words which sometimes might be quite confusing if you don’t know the meaning.
10. Dig Out info: First find most accurate and relevant information and then organize the answer according to accurate grammatical rules.
11. Linguistic devices: You should understand how variety of linguistic devices are treated in English because when you know them, you can accurately match text and questions.
12. Work faster: Try to work as fast as possible as this will enable you to finish every task with great ease and in time.
13. Reading Purpose: Remember you have a purpose and reading each and every word is not necessary.
14. Keywords: Carefully use certain keywords to locate right place inside text.
15. Time Limit: Make sure to follow time limit and don’t spend lots of time on a single paragraph.
16. Spelling: Check out your spelling and make sure you are using correct singular and plural forms.
17. Text: Take your words from the text instead of changing or rephrasing it.
IELTS Writing Session:18. Writing Plan: Make sure that your writing plan is effective and quick or else you will find it difficult to finish every task in time.
19. Grammar & Vocab: Have a strong command over grammar and build your vocabulary. Bring flexibility in your formal writing.
20. Academic Style: Have enough knowledge of writing academic style.
21. Task Analysis: Carefully analyze every task and properly make notes
22. Time Distribution: It is quite important to divide your time into two tasks. You should not spend more than twenty minutes on task 1 as task 2 is more important and spending rest forty minutes on it would be great.
23. Word Count: As far as word count is concerned, you need to produce at least 150 and 250 words for task 1 and 2 respectively.
24. Paragraphs: Create each paragraph carefully and every para should be based on a single idea. Never make the mistake of repeating your ideas just to increase word count.
25. Copying: If you copy an entire sentence from question sheet, you will get zero marks in return.
26. Main topic: Stay within the topic and subject and never include unnecessary and irrelevant information.
27. Grammar & spelling: Pay full focus to grammar and spelling and avoid using informal language.
28. Rechecking answers: At the end, check out every answer carefully.
IELTS Speaking Session:29. Speak fluently: When it comes to speaking, you must be able to speak fluently about different topics.
30. Skills & knowledge: In your speaking skills, demonstrate flexibility along with exhibiting your knowledge.
31. Compete with examiner: If you are able to speak much more than your examiner then that would be great.
32. Wide range of features: Don’t limit your speaking only to common features but try to use variety of modal verbs, tenses and other grammatical features to express your opinion.
33. Formulate answers: When listening, quickly start formulating your answer. Be confident and relax and enjoy your speaking skills.
34. Get clarification: In case you find difficulty in understanding a question or opinion, don’t hesitate to get clarification.
Final WordsIf you are a non-native English Speaker, you might have already read and studied about all the above mentioned concepts but to get a 7 band in IELTS, it is now your moment to apply these in your next IELTS exam.
Amelie Millie is the owner of an academic writing company full assignment help that provides its expertise in composing academic papers of different subjects and topics. Other than her professional responsibilities, she loves writing for different blogs and websites. Liked this post? Subscribe now to read more post like this one! Tweet