Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on 1Malaysia Book Voucher Year 2013
- Who are eligible for 1Malaysia Book Voucher Year 2013 (Baucar Buku 1Malaysia, BB1M)?
- Malaysian nationality;
- Reside in Malaysia during the execution period of BB1M;
- Currently studying or have active status at matriculation colleges, form six, polytechnics, local public or private universities (IPTA/IPTS) from January 1 until March 31, 2013;
- Study at education institutions approved and supervised by Ministry of Higher Education;
- Both full-time and part-time students are eligible;
- All students at Institut Pendidikan Guru (IPG) / matriculation colleges / foundation programme / form 6 STPM / Sijil Tinggi Agama Malaysia (STAM) / A-Level / diploma / advanced diploma / degree / masters / PhD / professional courses with level higher than diploma and recognized by government or professional bodies in Malaysia such as Malaysian Institute Of Accountants (MIA), The Malaysian Institute Of Certified Public Accountants (MICPA), The Institution Of Engineers Malaysia, Lembaga Jurutera Malaysia, Lembaga Arkitek Malaysia, Pertubuhan Arkitek Malaysia, Lembaga Juruukur Bahan Malaysia, Lembaga Juruukur Tanah Malaysia, Lembaga Penilai, Penaksir dan Agen Hartanah dan The Institution Of Surveyors Malaysia;
No, they are not eligible.
As announced in Malaysia Budget 2013, each students will receive 5 vouchers (each RM50) with total value RM250. There is an increase of RM50 compared with BB1M 1.0 distributed in 2012.
You do not need to apply or register. Your name will be submitted by your education institutions. For confirmation, please check with your respective education institutions.
Baucar Buku 1Malaysia BB1M 2013 will be distributed starting from February 2013 at your respective education institutions. Please check with your education institutions for the actual dates as they might vary from one college to another.
Update: The book vouchers will most probably be distributed to students in mid February after the students return to universities from the semester break.
They are valid from 1 January 2013 until 31 May 2013.
You can use them as cash vouchers at all participating bookstore nationwide by showing your IC.
- List of bookstore took part last year:
- Times and
- College/university's bookstore.
- Note: Usually bookstore will have special promotions or deals for 1Malaysia Book Vouchers so please check at the cashier counter first. Last year for example, Borders give away free Starbuck coupons and membership cards to those who pay using 1Malaysia Book Vouchers.
Update 5/2/2013: Borders Bookstore: Spend RM250 Baucar Buku 1Malaysia BB1M & Get Borders discount vouchers, RadioShack Batteries, Chatime beverage, BCard + Voucher booklet, Starbucks beverage and Krispy Kreme doughnuts / Spend RM150 Baucar Buku 1Malaysia BB1M & Get Borders discount vouchers, BCard + Voucher booklet and Starbucks beverage
Update 28/2/2013: Kinokuniya Books: Spend RM200 with BB1m vouchers, Get RM20 rebate voucher; Spend RM250 with BB1M vouchers, Get RM20 rebate voucher + Kinokuniya Limited Edition Journal
NO, some were caught selling them last year.
|1Malaysia Book Vouchers 2013 (Baucar Buku 1Malaysia BB1M 2.0)|
Liked this post? Subscribe now to read more post like this one!