Pre-university Programmes Overview: Form Six, Matriculation, A-level, AUSMAT, SAM, ICPU, IB, Foundation
Canadian Pre-University / Matriculation
The Ontario Secondary School Diploma (Grade 12) from Canada is a recognized qualification for entry into universities in Canada and most universities in the USA, Australia, New Zealand and the UK. Private institutions of learning in Malaysia offer the diploma through the following programs:
- International Canadian Pre-University (ICPU)
- Canadian International Matriculation Program (CIMP)
SPM, O-levels or its equivalent with 5 credits including English, mathematics / science.
January, March and July
RM15,000 – RM 18,000
Candidates must pass:
- 7 subjects, including English
- An official external literacy test
- Advanced functions and calculus
- Geometry an discrete mathematics
- Mathematics and data management
- Principles of financial accounting
- Organizational studies – organizational behavior and human resources
- Analyzing current economic issues
- Computer and information science
- Geography –world issues
- World history – the west and the world
- Law – Canadian and international law
- Individuals and families in a diverse society
- Challenge and change in society
- Introduction to international business
In addition, students are also required to take 3 subjects stipulated by MQA. Students are also required to dedicate themselves to 10 hours of community service.
A student’s final grade is based on coursework (70%) and a final examination (30%). Coursework is carried out throughout the program and includes assignments, quizzes, attendance, participation in class and class tests.
Liked this post? Subscribe now to read more post like this one!