- 16 March 2015: PETRONAS Scholarships 2015 / UTP Scholarships
- 16 March 2015: Securities Commission Malaysia (SC) Scholarship Awards (Biasiswa Suruhanjaya Sekuriti)
- 17 March 2015: Permodalan Nasional Berhad (PNB) Overseas Scholarship Programme
- 22 March 2015: The Star Education Fund Scholarship Awards
- 22 March 2015: UEM Group Berhad Overseas Scholarship Programme
- 25 March 2015: Nanyang Siang Pau Scholarships (南洋商报大专奖学金计划)
- 27 March 2015: Sri KDU International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme Scholarship Award 2015
- 30 March 2015: Shell Malaysia Scholarships (Overseas / Local)
- 30 March 2015: Yayasan Pahang Scholarship: Biasiswa Kecemerlangan Menteri Besar (BKMB) Pahang
- 31 March 2015: Singapore's ASEAN Scholarships for Malaysians: Pre-University One Scholarships
- 31 March 2015: Elena Cooke Education Fund 2015
- 2 April 2015: Yayasan Sime Darby (YSD) Pre-University Scholarship Programme (Local)
- 2 April 2015: Yayasan Sime Darby (YSD) Undergraduate Scholarship Programme (Local)
- 7 April 2015: Genting Malaysia Scholarship Award
- 10 April 2015: Kuok Foundation Undergraduate Scholarships for Malaysian & Singapore Public Universities
- 14 April 2015: IJM Scholarship Award Programme
- 15 April 2015: Tuanku Abdul Rahman Scholarship (BTAR)
- 15 April 2015: Lion-Parkson Foundation Scholarships 2015
- 17 April 2015: Agrobank Scholarship Award Program 2015
- 25 April 2015: PIDM Undergraduate Scholarship Programme
- 25 April 2015: Great Eastern Supremacy Scholarship Awards
- 30 April 2015: Yayasan Wah Seong Scholarship Awards 2015
- 30 April 2015: Penang Future Foundation Scholarship
- 30 April 2015: GAMUDA Scholarship Awards
- 30 April 2015: Bangsar Village Kids for Kids Scholarship Awards 2015
- 1 June 2015: Hong Leong Foundation Undergraduate Scholarship Programme
- 30 June 2015: Education Ministry Bursaries (Bursary Pelajar Cemerlang SPM Kementerian Pendidikan Malaysia KPM)
- 36 Scholarships for IPTA Undergraduate Students
- Throughout the year: Intel Malaysia Scholarships
5 Definite Ways to Secure a Scholarshipby Diviya (a Petronas scholar)
“ Random person: Hey girl ah, finish SPM now doing what..?”
“You: Dunno la, see first. Never get any scholarship..’
And imagine this:
“Random person: Hey girl ah, finish SPM now doing what..?”
“You: Oh, I got a scholarship from...to do....”
Okay now, which is better? The first scene or the second? I would say second. It’s always great and prestigious to say that you got a scholarship. If you have always feared interviews for a scholarship, then fear not. You have come to the perfect place. Keep reading, and you’ll know why.
Ladies and gentleman, here let me present to you, *drum rolls please*,
5 definite ways to secure a scholarship. (note that these ways have to start since high school, not just before a scholarship interview)
1. Be legendary!
Remember that you aren’t the only one applying for a scholarship. Thousands of students are too. Here’s your chance to show what you’ve got. Show off your talents and potentials. Collect as much certificates for participations in your high school year. Every scholarship agent wants to sponsor an all rounder student. It means nothing if you have 9A+ ++ but zero participations in other activities. Join as many activities as you can, be a leader (class monitor, prefect, president, secretary), join competitions (debate, drama, public speaking). Try to join International or National Level activities. It gives you so much more credit!
2. Get good grades in your TRIAL examination
Most people take trial exams for granted. People, you must know that some scholarships require you to hand in your trial examination, eg: ASEAN Scholarship. It comes to no avail, if you have Straight A’s for you SPM but, very less A’s for your trial.
3. BE CONFIDENT!
Gain as much confidence as you can in your high school years. You wouldn’t want your scholarship interview to be the first time you have ever spoken in public. Try debating or public speaking. It helps you be super confident, smart, eloquent and fluent in English. On your scholarship interview day, DO NOT BE NERVOUS. Although sometimes being nervous is inevitable, you have to fake confidence. Don’t errr..err.. It shows how incompetent you are. Use proper English (it doesn’t matter if your English is not that good, you don't have to use bombastic words, idiomatic phrases. Just proper grammar) Don't laugh or smile too much in an interview.
4. DRESS FOR SUCCESS.
When going for an interview, always DRESS for success. Depending on which interview you are attending, you have to be dressed suitably. For example, I wore a blazer and slacks to my Petronas Interview but for my JPA Interview, I wore a baju kurung. First impressions does make a big deal.
5. PREPARE FOR THE INTERVIEW
You have to know about your sponsor (eg: Petronas, Bank Negara, Maybank, JPA) Just in case, they ask about their CEO or their Chairman, you have to know the answer. And make sure you read about the course you are applying for. They WILL ask you about your course. If you’re choosing chemical engineering, make sure you KNOW about it. Most interviews have solo interviews, group interviews, IQ tests, Maths & Science tests. You have to be prepared. Read about it on the internet (most seniors write about their experiences online) Know the current issues. And develop fast thinking skills. Most likely your assessors will ask questions and you have to answer them quickly. Dont take way too long to think. You have to be fast and clear and loud.
Here you go people! 5 definite ways to secure a scholarship! Good luck and all the best to everyone who’s going to any interview! Hopefully you guys will get it! :D
► Read more on 5 Definite Ways to Secure a Scholarship