Helpful: When and how to apply PTPTN?UPU/IPTA 2011/2012 intake application results for STPM-leavers (Semakan Keputusan Permohonan Kemasukan ke IPTA Lepasan STPM / Matrikulasi / Asasi / Setaraf Sesi 2011/2012) will be available on July 15, 2011 (Friday) from 12PM onwards as confirmed by a link on Universiti Utara Malaysia website.
Check UPU results online and confirm acceptance
- LEPASAN SPM/SETARAF SESI AKADEMIK 2011/2012
- LEPASAN STPM/SETARAF SESI AKADEMIK 2011/2012 [Semakan boleh dibuat mulai 15 Julai 2011(Jumaat) mulai jam 12 tengahari.]
- LEPASAN SPM/SETARAF (KES RAYUAN) SESI AKADEMIK 2011/2012
- LEPASAN STPM/SETARAF (KES RAYUAN) SESI AKADEMIK 2011/2012 [Semakan boleh dibuat pada tarikh yang akan dikemaskini kemudian]
Visit any of the following websites and enter your MYKAD number to check
- Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) http://upu.mohe.gov.my
- Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM) http://www.jpt.uum.edu.my
- Universiti Teknology Malaysia (UTM) http://www.jpt.utm.my
For those not getting a place in varsity, you can appeal through the MOHE website by 10 working days from July 15, 2011. Please take note that you can appeal only if you ticked 'no' at accepting course out of your eight choices during IPTA application (permohonan IPTA). You can check the status of UPU/IPTA appeal result (semakan keputusan rayuan IPTA/UPU) at the same website.
Check UPU results by SMS
Type: UPU[space]RESULT[space]Identity Card (IC) Number and send to 15888
Check UPU results by Call
Hotline : 03-8883 5858 (10 lines)
Sign up at Groupon Malaysia to get RM2 for free to buy sushi, coffee, clay-pot meal, vegetarian set, go-kart, laser game or slimming treatment coupons!
Tuanku Kurshiah Residential College (Third College), University of Malaya
Inside the official FAQ by UPU, it is clearly stated that you are not allowed to change IPTA or course after you click accept to confirm the offer.
11. Adakah saya dibenarkan menukar program pengajian yang telah ditawarkan oleh sesebuah IPTA?This is, however, not entirely true. It is true that you are not allowed to change university but transferring to another course offered in the same university is possible.
12. Adakah pemohon dibenarkan menukar IPTA setelah menerima tawaran?
In most of the local public universities, you can apply to change to another course of your choice only after you have finished the first semester. Of course, your application will be rejected if you do not have valid reason or poor result in the first semester. Even if you manage to transfer to the course of your choice, you will be at least one semester behind your course-mates of the same batch. So, there is risk to consider when you decide to change to another course. The good news is, there are some successful cases for the determined ones.
Please take note that first year students' intake registration day is September 3 (Saturday) or 4 (Sunday), 2011 and will need to attend an one week orientation. For second year and above, the new semester term commences on September 11 (Sunday) or 12 (Monday), 2011.
Ungku Aziz Residential College (Eleventh College), University of Malaya
There are some huge differences between school and university. So, be prepared and learn some things you should know before stepping into university!
Trivia: UPU stands for Unit Pusat Universiti which has been upgraded and renamed as Bahagian Pengurusan Kemasukan Pelajar (BPKP) since January 1, 2005. However, it is still widely known as UPU among students even until today. UPU is responsible for the IPTA intake and appeal results checking (semakan kemasukan dan rayuan ke IPTA).
Liked this post? Subscribe now to read more post like this one!