Update 12/7/2011: You can apply for Matrikulasi now. Dateline: October 10, 2011
Update 10/7/2011: 2012 NS name list was reportedly available since 9 July 2011.
The Program Latihan Khidmat Negara (PLKN) / National Service (NS) Malaysia 2012 name list (senarai nama) will be released officially in mid of July this year. Current form five students who are born in 1994 must be very nervous while waiting for the name list to be released.
Enter your email at our subscription form so that you do not miss any upcoming important education news! Post this page to your facebook to share this tip with your friends!
How to check PLKN name list online?
Check online for free using your IC Number at the official Khidmat Negara website.
How to check your NS status by SMS? (Semakan Status Terpilih Menjalani Latihan PLKN)
Type: PLKN SEMAK [IC Number] and send to 15888
For example: PLKN SEMAK 940823065127 and send to 15888If you are short-listed, you will receive SMS similar to the below:
PLKN Tahniah! 940823065127 MUHAMMAD HAFIZA BIN ABDULLAH terpilih menyertai PLKN Siri 9/2012If you are not short-listed, you will receive SMS similar to the below:
Maaf! 940823065127 tidak dipilih untuk menyertai PLKN Siri 9/2012.*Each SMS sent will cost you RM0.35
NS Exclusion Categories (dikecualikan dari menyertai PLKN)
According to Subsection 4(1), those who fall under one of the following eight categories are excluded from taking part in National Service program:
- Fatal disease or condition – requires official confirmation by a medical officer.
- Contagious disease – requires official confirmation by a medical officer.
- Physically disabled – those have learning difficulties or special needs including those have OKU card (Kad Orang Kurang Upaya)
- Insanity – those who are seriously mentally ill
- Undergoing drug rehabilitation
- Detained by the Children's Act of 2001 (Act 612)
- Currently being held under preventive detention - such as those detained under the Internal Security Act
- Pregnant women
- Full-time member or full-time trainee of the Malaysian Armed Forces (ATM), Royal Malaysian Police (PDRM), Malaysian Fire and Rescue Department (BOMBA), Malaysian Maritime Enforcement Agency or Prisons Department of Malaysia (Jabatan Penjara Malaysia).
Trainees on holiday break. Photo by Anan Amri.
More info / Contact:
Questions on NS selection status, placement, postponement, exclusion, volunteer and frequently asked questions (faq)
Call Centre JLKN : 03-4027 4747
Official website: http://www.khidmatnegara.gov.my
Liked this post? Subscribe now to read more post like this one!