Pre-university Programmes Overview: Form Six, Matriculation, A-level, AUSMAT, SAM, ICPU, IB, Foundation
International Baccalaureate (IB)
The International Baccalaureate (IB) program is governed by the International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO) in Geneva, Switzerland and administered by the International Baccalaureate Curriculum and Assessment Centre in Cardiff, Wales.
The internationally recognized 2-year program originated over 30 years ago in Europe, as an effort by international schools to assure quality educational standards for students, regardless of where they lived.
This program is quite tough so you need to have above average grades in your SPM. Some schools may require you to sit for one or more entrance tests.
August/January, depending on the institution
RM25,000 - RM51,000
Students are required for:
- Sit for 6 subjects, 3 of which must be at Higher Level (HL) and 3 at Standard Level (SL). Subject choices are categorized into 6 groups and students need to select 1 subject each from Groups 1 to 5, while the sixth subject may be selected from any of the 6 groups.
- Group 1 Language
- Group 2 Second Language
- Group 3 Humanities
- Group 4 Experimental Science
- Group 5 Mathematics
- Group 6 The arts (optional)
- Write an extended essay based on independent research and under the guidance of a teacher.
- Complete 150 hours of creative, action and service-oriented activities
- Participate in a critical thinking course called theory of knowledge.
Students are assessed through international examinations, oral language demonstrations, science laboratory notebooks, art portfolios, computer science dossiers, essays and other projects.
Liked this post? Subscribe now to read more post like this one!